Reflections

Reflections

Friday, September 26, 2014

As good as it gets


With the advent of every new year, I have the greatest of hopes – that life will get better and things will get easier. That relationships will become more meaningful and that I will be happier. Lots of hopes and aspirations – in the future.
But recently when I reflected on this, I realized that every year I am also growing older. Every year my parents are getting more frail. The children are growing up and will one day start their own lives – separate lives.

   And while that brings in hopes for more joy, there is also a feeling of sadness in that.
And who know where I will be tomorrow? What kind of things will come my way? Will I even be there to enjoy it?
I am forever looking to the future. Or at greener pastures. That I sometimes forget to really look at the present.

That maybe this is when my life is truly at its best. That things are the easiest. That my relationships are truly meaningful.
                                         Maybe this really is as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment